You may have had the feeling before if your neck would just crack or that spot on your back would just pop into place, you would feel much better. However, it is really a dangerous practice. You may wonder why, since chiropractors do it to their patients. Please know that chiropractors have extensive training as to how to do this properly. Did you know there are some chiropractors that do not resort to popping or cracking the back or neck at all?
When you pop or crack your own neck or back, you are putting yourself at risk for a number of things. You can do damage to your muscles and your spine and also increase your chances of getting a stroke later in life. It is important that you do your best to break this dangerous habit. Instead, make an appointment to come see us here at Scenic City Clinic of Chiropractic in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and we can help you find relief without popping your back or neck.
Is it really necessary to visit a chiropractor to get relief if you have a back or neck ache? Well, if you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you probably have a weak spine and need to come in for an adjustment.
- Have you ever been diagnosed with scoliosis?
- Do you notice a decrease in your range of motion?
- Do you hear a clicking or popping noise when you move your head from side to side?
- Is your vision over-sensitive?
- Is one leg longer than the other?
- When you move quickly, do you ever feel dizzy or have vertigo (a spinning sensation)?
- Using your fingers, press on the spot behind your ears just below your head. Is this sore?
- Have you ever endured head or neck trauma?
- Do you have migraines or an abundance of head trauma?
- Do you ever get a pins-and-needles sensation in your fingers or toes?
- Is it difficult for you to move your head from side to side?
- Do you ever have neck or shoulder pain?
- Do you have upper, middle, or lower back pain?
Answering yes to any of these questions means that it is time to come see us for an evaluation.
Want to hear from people like you? Check out our reviews here